TORCH is currently hiring for a Technical Architect. Work location will be 4303 W. 119th St., Leawood KS 66209.
Torch.AI is a full stack artificial intelligence software company providing cutting-edge intelligence by utilizing our sophisticated proprietary services and engines. Located in Leawood, KS, Torch works with clients across the country providing fraud and anomaly detection, entity diligence, and dynamics risk scoring across their supplier networks. We seek to create the next generation of network-centric intelligence through dynamic illumination and discovery of high-level insights typically not detectable in the data. Torch.AI is growing rapidly in both the private and public sectors providing advanced AI solutions for large companies such as H&R Block, Microsoft, Deloitte, Accenture, and Prospectus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- – Understand company needs to define system specifications
- – Plan and design the structure of a technology solution
- – Communicate system requirements to software development teams
- – Evaluate and select appropriate software or hardware and suggest integration methods
- – Oversee assigned programs (e.g. conduct code review) and provide guidance to team members
- – Assist with solving technical problems when they arise
- – Ensure the implementation of agreed architecture and infrastructure
- – Address technical concerns, ideas and suggestions
- – Monitor systems to ensure they meet both user need and business goals
- – Develop code as needed to assist team members
- – Directly supervises employees within the development departments.
- – Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- – Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- – BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- – 2+ years of proven experience as a Technical Architect
- – 5-10 years of software development and systems administration
- – Understanding of strategic IT solutions
- – Experience in project management and service-oriented architecture (SOA)
- – Knowledge of Microservices architecture and graph databases
- – Familiarity with various operating systems (e.g. Windows, Linux, UNIX)
- – Experience with leading database solutions (e.g.SQL Server, Oracle, Postgress, MongoDB, MySQL)
- – Experience in cloud technologies (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP, VMware)
- – Excellent communications skills
- – Problem-solving aptitude
- – Organizational and leadership skills
- – Communication Skills
- – Problem Solving Skills
- – Project Management Skills
- – Leadership Skills
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position requires the employee to be available during the “core” work hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
20% is expected for this position.
Preferred Education and Experience
Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD) | Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required. Active US Government clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain access to classified information is preferred but not required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Torch.AI is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.